1a) It is deceptively (and unnecessarily) hard to eat a bagel and walk at the same time. Invariably, one ends up with cream-cheese all over their faces.
At best.
It's often not a pretty sight.
1b) Bagels, in spite of their messiness, bring out the best in people. Once at Hot and Crusty (facial mess abounding) I was approached by a lovely young man with the coolest fucking journal I'd ever seen in my life--it was yellow and ornate, an was clearly handmade.
We had a conversation that went like this:
Me: Oh my God that Journal's amazing.
Him: Thanks! I got it in India over the summer. Check it--the pages are made out of leaves!
Me: Oh my GOD that's incredible. I'm so jealous.
Him: Do you write?
Me: Not well, but yes.
Him: Oh, well then. I actually happen to have an extra one in my bag. Take it.
Me: No that's ridiculous I absolutely...
Him: Just take it, and have a nice day.
...and the son of a bitch just walked the fuck away.
Sometimes, I have hope.
Bunny
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment